Good news for Facebook fans. Indonesian Canadian Congress (ICC) website now recognizes your Facebook login status. This means that once you log into your Facebook account, you can login to ICC website automatically too.
What are the benefits?
Login to the ICC website is necessary when you want to access restricted resources. The ICC boards’ members use this feature already. For most of you, we will slowly put more resources into the site.
The immediate plan is to put all certificates and thank you letter for Indonesian Night 2012 on the site, where associated member will be able to download it. With this, the certificates and letters are always available when needed.
How can I do it?
In order to enable this feature, you need to link your Facebook account with ICC website. The process is very quick.
- Visit ICC website, and click the Log in link on top right of the page under the Together we can… text, or visit the login page, http://www.indonesiacanada.org/login/.
- Depend on whether you already link your Facebook account with ICC website or not, you will see the Login with Facebook button or your login status.
- However, because your Facebook account does not link yet, you need to click the Register by using Facebook link. You will see the registration page. If you already login into your Facebook account, this registration page is already filled with your email address and your name. You will need to type the username. The username is the username that will be used to create the actual ICC website account, in case you just want to login into ICC website without login into Facebook. We suggest that you login into your Facebook first so that you do not need to type your name and email address.
- When you click Register, ICC website will use your Facebook email address and the typed username to create the ICC website’s account. Now you can go back to ICC website and refresh the page. You will see that you already logged on into ICC website, if not, just visit the login page again (step 1 above.)
- ICC website also sent an email to your email address with password to access ICC website. This password is only needed if you want to login into ICC website without using Facebook.
What information is collected?
ICC only uses your name and email address to create an account so that you can be automatically logged in into ICC website. ICC also uses your publicly available Facebook’s data, such as your profile picture, complete name, etc. to complement your user account.
How does it work?
ICC website has registered an application with Facebook which, with user permission, will ask for user information. When Facebook user visits ICC website, Facebook will share user information with ICC website. This information (email address) will be used to check if this user has account in ICC website. If yes, this user will automatically be logged in into the site.
How if I change my mind?
If you change your mind and do not want to use your Facebook account to login into ICC website, you can go to your Facebook Account Settings, and click the Apps menu on left side of the screen. You will see the Indonesian Canadian Congress on the list of the Apps. Just delete it (click the x button) and your account is no longer linked with ICC website.